Cuisine : Thai
Course : Main
Dietary : Gluten-Free
There are many styles of chicken curry: Indian, Thai, Western and Vietnamese styles. The Vietnamese style is more like a soup because it has more water and is less spicy than Indian and Thai curry. My recipe is Vietnamese style except I used less water. You can eat curry alone, or with bread, rice or noodles.
|Coconut Milk||5 dl.|
|Yellow Curry Paste||100 g.|
|Sweet Potato||1 pc.|
|Lemon Grass||4 pc.|
|Chicken Fillet||500 g.|
How to make:
- Cut 2 lemongrass in the middle. I only use the first part because it has more flavour.
- Cut brown onion and carrot into pieces
- Mince 2 lemongrass. 2 others will be used later.
- Cut sweet potatoes and potatoes into pieces.
- Cut chicken fillet into pieces.
- Marinate chicken fillet with 1 spoon of fish sauce and mince ginger.
- Fry sweet potatoes and potatoes with very little of oil for 5 minutes.
- Add a spoon of olive oil to the pan, then add minced lemongrass and chicken fillet.
- When chicken seems to be cooked, add onions.
- Add curry paste, water and carrot into the pan. I used about 3 cups of water. You can add how much water you want; just remember that water will evaporate so don't add too little.
- Finally I add the 2 lemongrass I haven't used for the best flavour. (I love lemongrass!)
- Add coconut milk. I really love it because it makes the paste creamy and sweet.
- Cook with medium heat until carrot gets tender.
Tada! It's really good. You should try :)